Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 3 Notes

If you would of asked me to provide the definition of Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows Vista was before this required reading all I would have been able to tell you was that they had something to do with computers.  Now I can at least tell you that each are operating systems that set up processes that except, manipulate, store, and retrieve data.  They provide security, firewalls, and make systems compatible to other operating systems.  In comparing all three, it seems that Mac OS X is the best for graphical display and presentation and has the most features like Aqua GUI and drop shadows.  With Windows Vista it seems that there have been major advancements in graphical display to compete with Macs.  I'm excited to experience Windows Vista first hand, since my new laptop, that's in the mail, has Windows 7.  I still feel a little lost in the full understanding of each, but hopefully through in class presentation and discussion I'll have a better understanding. 


I know our posts are due by Saturday evening, but I did not know by what time.  If my post is too late I would like it to not count as one of my ten required posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment